York University named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2017
For the fifth year in a row, York University has been named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. The announcement was made on April 21 at the University’s Earth Day celebrations by President-designate Rhonda Lenton.
“For the past four years, York has been named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, and I am delighted to announce today that we have once again been named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2017, for our fifth consecutive year,” said Lenton. “This is a very exclusive list, with only a small handful of universities and colleges, and I think this achievement is a testament to the excellent work that has been happening here at York.”
The University was named along with 69 other organizations in a competition organized by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers project.
Employers were evaluated and ranked on their unique environmental initiatives and programs, success in reducing environmental footprints and employee involvement in sustainability efforts.
The Canada’s Greenest Employers distinction specifically recognizes York University for its Energy Management Program (a $40 million initiative that has reduced energy consumption by 30 per cent), the University’s Green Office, which encourages staff, faculty and students to volunteer as sustainability ambassadors and help manage various campus events focused on sustainability. It also noted the formation and work done by the President’s Sustainability Council, and the phasing out of the sale of disposable water bottles on campus. The program praised ZeroWaste, York’s formal waste reduction program that was established in 1990, which has achieved a 68 per cent waste diversion, eclipsing the original goal of 50 per cent by 2000.
Employers who make the Canada’s Greenest Employers list have developed exceptional, earth-friendly initiatives and are actively attracting people to their organizations because of their environmental leadership.
Adding the logo to your email signature
Members of the York University community can now include the 2017 Canada’s Greenest Employers logo in their email signatures.
Note that older versions of the logo from 2013 to 2016 can no longer be used, and should be removed from signatures when adding the new 2017 logo. Older versions of the logo should also be removed from websites and replaced with the 2017 logo.
First, download the logo:
- Go to the following link:
English version: http://sustainability.info.yorku.ca/files/2017/04/Greenest-2017-EN.jpg or French version: http://sustainability.info.yorku.ca/files/2017/04/Greenest-2017-FR.jpg
- Copy the logo to your hard drive by right-clicking on the logo and choosing “Save image as… “
Create your signature in Notes if you don’t have one already:
- From the Actions menu, select More and click on Preferences…
- Click on the Signature
- Check the box for Automatically append a signature to the bottom of my outgoing email messages.
- Make sure T (Text) is selected.
- Type your signature in the space provided.
Add the logo to your signature:
- Place the cursor where you want to place the logo (It would be better to create a new line at the bottom of your signature).
- Change the T (Text) to Graphics by clicking on T and selecting Graphics.
- Click on the Tree icon and navigate to where you have saved the logo on your hard drive and click Import.
- Click OK.
- Update the following signature with your information
- Select it and copy it to your clipboard.
- Paste it into your signature box and press OK.
First name Last name • Title
Building •4700 Keele Street
Toronto ON •Canada M3J 1P3
T 416.736.xxxx F 416.736.xxxx