Academic Integrity Month is a pan-University event that will take place throughout October 2023. This event brings together students, faculty and staff for a series of discussions that aim to broaden the understanding of academic integrity at York University.
The theme for this year’s event is “Connecting the Community.” The goal is to showcase innovative academic integrity approaches from the York community that can facilitate new thinking about the topic and new ways to foster student success.
Those who have any academic integrity research, practices or ideas that would benefit the York community are encouraged to submit a proposal for either a presentation or panel session. Some potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- teaching academic integrity: success stories;
- incorporating generative artificial intelligence into the learning environment;
- designing assessments for academic integrity;
- intersections between decolonization, equity, diversity and inclusion (DEDI) and academic integrity; and
- academic integrity: trends and future directions.
Proposals should be no more than 300 words and are due on Friday, Aug. 18 to email@example.com.
Those with questions about a possible presentation topic, or those seeking help developing an idea, should reach out to Angela Clark, academic integrity specialist in the Office of the Vice-Provost Academic, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about academic integrity at York visit https://www.yorku.ca/unit/vpacad/academic-integrity/.