The 14th annual Muscle Health Awareness Day (MHAD) brings together doctors, scientists and trainees from across Ontario, Quebec, New York and Michigan – each driven towards the common goal of understanding the physiology and adaptation of muscles, vasculature and the heart throughout exercise, disease and aging.
Sponsored by York University’s Faculty of Health and Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation (VPRI), this year’s event will feature eight speakers and nearly 60 unique trainee posters covering an array of topics at the Life Sciences Building on Friday, May 19 from 8:15 a.m. to 4 p.m. Six of the best student posters will be awarded and featured at the event. The goal of MHAD is to continue to advance the University’s research reputation in the area of muscle health.
This year’s featured guest speakers are:
- Tyler Churchward-Venne, McGill University (Montreal)
- Michaela Devries-Aboud, University of Waterloo
- Heather Edgell, York University
- Ewan Goligher, University Health Network (Toronto)
- Amy Kirkham, University of Toronto
- Nota Klentrou, Brock University (St. Catharines)
- David MacLean, Northern Ontario School of Medicine University (Sudbury)
- Jamie Melling, University of Western Ontario (London)
Attendant registration for this event is $20, to be paid on-site in cash – this fee includes admission as well as a light breakfast, lunch buffet and coffee breaks. Guest speakers are admitted free of charge.
For more information, and to submit research abstracts or posters for consideration, click here.