York University is participating in the annual Take Our Kids to Work program (TOKTW), initiated by The Learning Partnership. This is an annual event when Grade 9 students step into their future and get a glimpse into the working world, as well as document their experience in a final report for their teacher. The 2022 TOKTW day is set for Nov. 2.
Participation is open to all University community members / York sponsors and their grade 9 students – we encourage those who can, to join us!
Why support the TOKTW Day initiative?
- TOKTW bridges the gap between the workplace and young people by introducing skills and knowledge they will need for the future careers.
- TOKTW allows employers to explain to students’ what skills are most important in the workplace – communication, teamwork, time management and more!
- The program gives employers a chance to promote their industry and professionals within it so that they can attract future specialists in their fields. It also gives students a glimpse into different fields that they may be interested in.
- TOKTW supports York University’s collaboration with the TD Community Engagement Centre, committed to building a more engaged university and maintain interest of the surrounding community as an Anchor Institution.
What students can expect.
- Students attending in person will join a guided tour to participating faculties and departments, followed by a luncheon, concluding with students attending their York sponsors workplace for the remainder of the day.
- Students attending virtually will engage with panellists within various areas of interest, have the opportunity for questions and discussion.
Registration and event instructions
- Any student interested in participating may use the link below to register for the sessions they wish to attend virtually.
- Please register no later than Nov. 1. Registration can be completed by following this link.