CIFAL York presents a panel discussion to celebrate, reflect on and discuss some of the key ongoing United Nations (UN) efforts to mark UN Day, celebrated annually on Oct. 24.
UN Day recognizes the establishment of the United Nations in 1945, and marks the day the UN Charter was ratified.
CIFAL centres provide innovative training throughout the world and serve as hubs for the exchange of knowledge among government officials, the private sector, academia and civil society. CIFAL York will host “UN Day Celebration, Reflection & Panel Discussion: Equity, Education & Sustainable Development” on Oct. 24 from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Zoom.
The event will bring together academics, professionals, and students to share their views, perspectives, and suggestions to make the world more equitable and sustainable with a focus on UN efforts around equity, education and sustainable developments.
Panellists for this event are:
- Dawn R. Bazely, professor, Department of Biology, York University
- Andrea Davis, associate professor, Department of Humanities, York University
- Charles Hopkins, UNESCO Chair, Faculty of Education, York University
- Sandra Peniston, assistant professor, School of Nursing, York University
- Marlie Whittle, associate director of philanthropy, EcoJustice
- Julia Satov, global director of diversity & inclusion, Litera; co-Chair and strategic advisor, EDI Committee, UNITAR CIFAL York
- Nitima Bhatia, PhD student, Faculty of Education, York University
- Francesca Muñoz, youth observer, COP26 and student at the University of Glasgow
Register for the event online.