York University’s Student Systems Renewal Program (SSRP) has launched an updated website and a new blog.
The bilingual website will be a hub for students, faculty and staff to learn more about SSRP projects and timelines. The site includes resources including an FAQ section and a glossary to help the York community better understand the impacts of this transformative program.
The SSRP blog offers the latest information on the program and its progress. The goal is to ensure technological information is presented in a way that is meaningful and clear. This fall, the blog will offer a short series on the systems launching in 2023 that highlights how these new systems and processes create positive change across York.
The SSRP is a multi-year program to transform technology and its related processes so students, faculty and staff can efficiently complete their administrative and academic work.
“Specialized business and technology platforms have inspired innovative potential in the world of higher education,” says Carol McAulay, SSRP executive sponsor and vice-president of finance and administration. “At York, we are using advanced cloud-based platforms and leading-edge processes to facilitate transformational change through the SSRP and blazing a trail in the Canadian higher education sector.
“We are engaging and working closely with our community members to enable this systems renaissance, and we will continue to communicate with our community to ensure sustained awareness of the program’s progress. We encourage community members to share feedback at any time.”
The SSRP is made up of seven projects, each offering comprehensive solutions that position York positively for the future:
- Constituent Relationship Management: an engagement tool that will manage the recruitment, application and admission of future students and connect current students to advising supports. The recruitment and application aspects of the solution are targeted to launch in summer 2023.
- Next Generation Student Information System: an integrated solution that will transform the student and staff experience by providing an easy way to manage everything required from enrollment through to graduation and continuous learning. The project will launch in phases, starting with Financial Aid, Awards and Scholarships in summer 2023.
- Data Management & Analytics: this project will set a data governance framework, enabling data to be configured and migrated to new platforms.
- Enterprise Integration Platform: this project isa cloud-based platform that will streamline integrated access to key systems.
- Government Reporting: a project on investments in York’s data management and analytics capabilities that will enable existing government and institutional reporting as well as elevate York University’s ability to leverage key information to make informed decisions.
- Identity & Access Management: high security solutions that will give users appropriate access to the information they need and enhance York’s overall security.
- Mobile & Portal: a single starting point for students to interact with York systems on their mobile devices.
New processes and systems will contribute to many of the priorities set out in York’s University Academic Plan, which include providing global learning and research opportunities for students, supporting innovative curriculum delivery and developing connections to experiential learning opportunities.
Explore the SSRP website for more detailed information on its project suite and the intended benefits, and reach out to the team with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.