Amir Asif, York’s vice-president research & innovation (VPRI), announces the members of the Strategic Research Plan (SRP) 2023-2028 Advisory Committee. Community input will be sought during an open forum planned for Sept. 28.
The committee, chaired by Asif, is comprised of individuals from the University and community who will advise the VPRI throughout the strategic research plan consultation process in the development of the University Strategic Research Plan for 2023-2028.
“I am pleased to announce the members of the Strategic Research Plan Advisory Committee,” said Asif. “I am looking forward to working together with the members of the committee as well as the broader University community to develop a renewed strategic research plan that articulates our values and vision for York research and commits to the next phase of research development across the University over the next several years.”
The committee has a mandate to advise the VPRI on all aspects of the consultation with the York Community and in the development of the plan, which will articulate a vision and aspiration for York research over the next five years. The goal is to provide the community with a draft reflecting the discussion in early 2023, with a final version going to the Senate of York University for approval in spring 2023.
The advisory committee members include:
- Amir Asif, vice-president research & innovation, Chair of the SRP Advisory Committee
- Joycelyn Amos, Markham research operations manager, VPRI
- Krista Davidson, director, communications, Office of the President
- Tamara Daly, director YU-CARE, professor, School of Health Policy & Management, Faculty of Health
- Susan Dion, associate vice-president Indigenous initiatives, VPEPC, professor, Faculty of Education
- Barbara Edwards, senior policy advisor, research, VPRI
- Trevor Farrow, associate dean research & institutional relations, professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Eileen Fischer, associate dean research, director marketing specialization, PhD program, entrepreneurial studies, Schulich School of Business
- Sarah Flicker, YRC in community-based participatory research, professor, Faculty of Environmental and Urban Change
- Jennifer MacLean, assistant vice-president, innovation & research partnerships, Innovation York
- Michael Moir, University archivist, Office of the Dean of Libraries
- Carmela Murdocca, professor, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Swann Paradis, associate principal research and graduate studies, associate professor French Studies, Glendon Campus
- Gillian Parekh, Canada Research Chair in Disability Studies in Education, associate professor, Faculty of Education
- Sarah Parsons, associate professor, Department of Visual Arts & Art History, School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design
- Joel Prowting, PhD candidate, Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Mark Roseman, director Strategic and Institutional Research Initiatives, Office of Research Services, VPRI
- Vivian Saridakis, associate dean research and graduate education, associate professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science
- Jen Steeves, associate vice-president research, York Research Chair in Non-invasive Visual Brain Stimulation, professor, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Health
- Skandha Sunderasen, associate director, global engagement and strategic directions, York International
- Cheryl van Daalen-Smith, associate dean academic, Faculty of Graduate Studies, associate professor, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health
- Rick Wildes, associate professor, vice-chair graduate program, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Lassonde School of Engineering
- Nation Cheong, vice-president community opportunities and mobilization, United Way Greater Toronto
- Jane Gertner, vice-president partnerships, ventureLAB
Asif, in collaboration with the Strategic Research Plan Advisory Committee, invites all members of the University community to be an engaged part of a comprehensive consultation process that will help York University continue to move forward in research excellence and scholarship. The Strategic Research Plan open forum, launching the consultation process, will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 28, from 1 to 3 p.m. in the Dr. Robert Everett Senate Chambers, N940 Ross Building, Keele Campus. All students, faculty and staff are welcome to join in-person.
To RSVP to this event, click here
To share your thoughts on the Strategic Research Plan consultation process, click here. There will be additional opportunities for York community to provide input to the 2023-28 University Strategic Research Plan.