Students, faculty, instructors, course directors and staff at York University were invited to the first virtual town hall of the new year on Friday, Jan. 21. The event provided community members with an opportunity to discuss the University’s ongoing plans for the winter term, and the safe return of in-person activities this academic year.
The town hall was presented by York University President and Vice-Chancellor Rhonda L. Lenton, who was joined by:
- Lisa Philipps, provost and vice-president academic;
- Amir Asif, vice-president research and innovation;
- Sheila Cote-Meek, vice-president equity, people & culture;
- Carol McAulay, vice-president finance and administration;
- Lucy Fromowitz, vice-provost, students; and
- Parissa Safai, special advisor to the president for academic continuity planning and COVID-19 response and associate professor, School of Kinesiology and Health Science.
The full video of the town hall is now available and can be viewed here.