York University Professor Emeritus Ron Owston will deliver his final free webinar for this term, and will open the floor to questions during the Dec. 8 event “Ask Ron Anything About Teaching with Zoom.”
The webinar will run from 10 to 11 a.m., and Owston will answer questions pre-submitted by registered participants, and follow by answering questions raised during the live event as time permits.
“I go out on a limb with this one, but I did it a year ago and it’s fun,” said Owston, who has organized and offered a variety of free webinars that focus on teaching with Zoom.
Owston is Contact North | Contact Nord’s research associate and leader of the group’s successful Zoom webinar series. Common topics include:
- Create engaging breakout room sessions
- Design successful ice-breaking activities
- Use a second camera or stream mobile phone video to your class
- Share videos, applications, and whiteboards
- Take class attendance
- Get poll reports
- Set up a secure class meeting
For more details and to register, go here.