From Nov. 8 to 14, in partnership with Alumni Engagement, York University’s YSpace entrepreneurship hub will host a series of events for faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members to celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week.
A worldwide movement celebrating entrepreneurship in 180 countries, with 25,000 partners, 40,000 activities and impacting 10 million individuals, Global Entrepreneurship Week emerged in 2008. It continues today with entrepreneurial events, activities, and competitions aimed at inspiring innovators and introducing them to new possibilities and exciting opportunities.
During York University’s Global Entrepreneurship Week celebrations, the community is invited to engage in events and activities that are sure to inspire, educate, motivate and unite while contributing to this global movement. York’s entrepreneurship programming, remarkable student entrepreneurs and successful alumni will be highlighted throughout the week.
The week’s schedule of events will take place as follows:
Monday, Nov. 8 (Alumni Day)
- My Startup Story: The Perspectives of Three Young Alumni, 12 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/3bG403U.
- My Startup Story: Journey to a Creating Multimillion-Dollar Business in Medical Aesthetics, 6 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/2YbH7SP.
Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Career Conversations: Mental Health edition, 12:30 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/3bGMgFL.
- Mental Health for Founders, 6 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/3ELKtMb.
Wednesday, Nov. 10
- ELLA Insights: Scaling your Business by Hiring Right, 12 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/3EGWvGC.
- Schulich Startup Night 16, 5:30 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/3nTEtdo.
Thursday, Nov. 11 (Remembrance Day – no programming)
Friday, Nov. 12
- ELLA and Schulich Idea Jam, 12 p.m. EST
For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/3mGhGCg.
- Kick-off to Launch Weekend: Social Innovation Case Competition, 4 p.m. EST
This three-day event allows teams to showcase their entrepreneurial skill sets to a panel of judges. For more information and to register, visit bit.ly/2ZQOfV3.
Saturday, Nov. 13 and Sunday, Nov. 14
- Launch Weekend: Social Innovation Case Competition
Teams will continue to work on their solutions, meet with experienced mentors and hear from the keynote speaker of the day. During the finale on Sunday, teams will present their solution to the panel of judges who will award the top three teams with cash prizes of over $1,000.
For more information about Global Entrepreneurship Week, visit genglobal.org/themes/gew.