The Sexuality Studies Program in the School of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies at York University has announced a visiting scholar position in partnership with the Centre for Feminist Research (CFR) at York University for the 2021-22 academic year.
Applicants who have/will have acquired a doctorate in sexuality studies and/or transgender studies or a related field are invited submit an application by September 2021. Junior and senior scholars are welcome to apply.
The visiting scholar position is intended to provide an institutional base for junior scholars doing funded postdoctoral research or senior scholars on paid sabbatical or research leave, since there is no salary associated with the position.
The Centre for Feminist Research and the School of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies will offer:
- a shared workspace (if applicable, given COVID-19 regulations);
- access to the York Libraries system;
- limited administrative support;
- an opportunity to present your research (remotely if required) in the program and in undergraduate and graduate classrooms; and
- contact with other scholars within York University doing sexuality studies and in the Centre for Feminist Research.
Visiting scholars will be expected to present their research at a seminar or public lecture organized by the Sexuality Studies Program and the CFR, for a $250 honorarium. They will be invited and encouraged to actively participate in activities organized by the Sexuality Studies Program and the CFR.
Complete applications should include:
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae;
- a proposal (1 to 1.5 pages) outlining the research project you plan to undertake while visiting scholar in the Sexuality Studies Program at York University;
- two recent publications; and
- the names and contact information (email and telephone) of two references.
The application deadline is Tuesday, May 25. Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful applicant will begin the position in September 2021.