On Saturday, March 27, the bargaining teams for the University and CUPE 3903 continued negotiations with the assistance of mediator Chris Albertyn. The parties’ work with the mediator is focused on equity and job stability proposals for CUPE 3903, Unit 2.
Throughout the bargaining process the University has expressed its commitment to negotiate language in the renewed collective agreements that focuses on equity issues.
Given the importance of these issues, the University, in anticipation of the March 27 bargaining meeting, prepared a detailed package of four equity related proposals that were presented to CUPE 3903 Unit 2, including: language related to the joint University-CUPE 3903 employment equity committee, definitions, terminology, data, understandings of under-representation, and the application of equity considerations in appointment processes. The University also wrote to CUPE 3903 to provide an explanation of how the proposals would advance the parties’ shared equity goals in the current round of bargaining.
You can read the University’s proposals and letter to CUPE 3903 below:
- Letter to CUPE – March 26 Equity related proposals_signed
- Job Stability Proposal #2 Affirmative Action Program
- Employer Proposal re Article 5.03 (CUPE 3903 all Units) 03-13 FOR CUPE
- Employer Proposal re Unit 2 Article 12.04.1 – Equity Hiring Option A and B 03-13 FOR CUPE
- Employer Proposal re Unit 2 Article 12.04.2 – 03-13 FOR CUPE
To learn more and to read past updates, visit https://www.yorku.ca/labour/cupe-3903-negotiations/.