YFile is embarking on an exciting new project to improve the experience for its readers. As part of this project there are plans to update the publication’s look, functionality and possibly its name.
The project will involve a complete overhaul of the publication and includes an updated, modern design with enhanced performance, a better search function, archiving of the daily emails and a new library of previous articles. The redesign of both the website and email newsletter will be informed by, and aims to enhance, the University’s new brand strategy and web optimization projects.
We also want to take this opportunity to revisit the publication name to ensure it reflects the mandate and purpose. The publication needs the community’s help in considering a new name that demonstrates YFile is:
- the official journal of record and campus newsletter for York University;
- the distinct and primary source of campus news for faculty and staff;
- reflective of the unique character, voice and spirit of the York University community;
- a news channel that supports the University’s goals and celebrates its academic and research excellence; and
- a point of pride for the York University community.
A list of possible names will be shared with the York University community in the coming weeks in a short survey. The results will help guide the direction of the publication’s new identity.
Please watch for a notice in YFile asking for your participation. YFile values its readers and their ongoing support, and we look forward to including you in this exciting project.