YSpace Digital, York University’s new virtual talent and startup development hub, will be offering virtual support and programming for students, faculty and startups of all stages, regardless of geographic location. The hub has just launched its new YSpace Technology Accelerator program to help entrepreneurs grow and scale their startup with customized support, $30,000 in awards, and exclusive perks.
The virtual accelerator program (formerly called LaunchYU Accelerator) is a four-month-long initiative that is focused on helping pre-revenue technology startups execute their go-to-market strategies and acquire customers. With entrepreneurs now needing more support than ever, this program hits all the marks in our new virtual era.
The program, which is free for participants, runs from May 2021 until the end of August 2021, with program components scheduled from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST.
Program components include:
- Workshops: A select group of entrepreneurs will participate in workshops led by industry experts on topics aimed at helping the participants successfully launch and grow their startup. Each workshop will have a hands-on approach to learning with ample opportunities for interaction.
- Dedicated Mentor: Each participant will be matched with a mentors who are former or current founders. Mentors will meet regularly with participants and focus on helping with overall business strategy.
- Mastermind Sessions: Throughout the program, the entrepreneurs will also have the opportunity to participate in Mastermind Sessions which allow them to share their own insights in a small group setting; creating an open forum to discuss wins, challenges and asks for support.
- Peer-to-Peer Accountability: Small check-in groups will be formed to keep entrepreneurs on track with their peers, holding them accountable.
- Investor Pitch Practice: Participants will have monthly opportunities to practice their investor pitch and gain critical feedback on improvements.
- Growth Mentor Office Hours: Specific topic experts will offer one-on-one time that can be scheduled to further finetune and grow the startup.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by Feb. 21. Applicants must have an established business model in the validation stage. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by the YSpace team in March.
When September approaches, participants will have reached the last stage in the program where they present their final investor pitches to the YSpace team and mentors for critical feedback on improvements. The program then culminates with a Demo Day where the top entrepreneurs in the program will present their final pitch and $30,000 in prizes will be awarded.
This four-month program is accelerated but diligent, and is sure to assist in not only developing technological ventures, but offering truly unparalleled support for budding entrepreneurs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about YSpace and/or the YSpace Technology Accelerator program.