York University Provost and Vice-President Academic Lisa Philipps and Vice-President, Equity, People & Culture Sheila Cote-Meek issue the following announcement:
We are pleased to announce that York University has joined the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) as an institutional member. The NCFDD is a recognized, independent organization devoted to helping diverse scholars thrive in the academy throughout the career lifespan. The NCFDD provides virtual programs and resources to help faculty, post-docs and graduate students to complete writing projects, improve their work-life balance and build healthy relationships at work. Offerings range from quick tips and strategies to more sustained development programs, including peer support groups.
NCFDD resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines.
Popular topics include:
- Academic time management and the art of saying “no.”
- Overcoming academic perfectionism.
- How to develop a daily writing plan, and more.
These resources are provided by trained mentors and offer a confidential area for problem solving which is accessible online. The NCFDD is dedicated to faculty success throughout a career lifespan and is an excellent resource for support, for increasing productivity, for learning effective time management, and for living a balanced and healthy life.
NCFDD member resources include but are not limited to:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert Webinars
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- Access to Dissertation Success Curriculum for graduate students
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring, problem-solving and moderated writing challenges
- Monthly accountability buddy matches
- Access to 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings
To learn more and for instructions on how to activate your free membership, visit https://vpap.info.yorku.ca/2020/10/national-center-for-faculty-development-diversity-membership/.