Call for proposals: Sustainable and Inclusive Internationalization Virtual Conference
York University will host the Sustainable and Inclusive Internationalization Virtual Conference, co-organized by York International, the UNESCO Chair in Reorienting Education Towards Sustainability and international partners, Jan. 20 to 22, 2021.
The Sustainable on the Go conference will focus on the theme of "Reimagining Approaches in Higher Education in an Era of Global Uncertainties" and aims to bring together scholars, international mobility professionals and practitioners, policy makers, sustainability experts and other stakeholders to discuss the evolving status of international mobility in higher education in Canada and globally. Participants will critically reflect on where we are now, and to what is required to collectively build a future vision of international mobility that is inclusive, innovative and responsive to the global sustainability challenges of our times.
Conference organizers are accepting submissions of proposals on the following themes:
- International mobility in practice: institutional, national, and regional responses
- Greening student and scholar exchange: concrete ideas and practices
- Leveraging technology and digital learning: can we experience “abroad online”?
- Mobility programs beyond academics: global and community engagement
- Inclusive student exchanges and experiences
- Assessment of intercultural development in mobility programs
Proposals can be submitted as academic papers, practitioners’ reports, think (envision) pieces, poster presentations and creative arts from Oct. 5 to Nov. 15.
For more information, or to register, visit the conference website at