Hina Tabassum, assistant professor from the Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science at York University’s Lassonde School of Engineering, is receiving a certificate of appreciation for her outstanding service as a reviewer of the top-tier IEEE communications journal IEEE Transactions on Communications. She will be formally recognized by the journal’s director and the vice-president of publications and is also being listed as an “exemplary reviewer” on the journal’s website.
Tabassum represents the top two per cent of all reviewers serving for this journal, the ranking determined by the overall quality of reviews the journal receives. The review process requires solid understanding of the subject matter, thorough knowledge of the existing literature and understanding of a wide variety of engineering problems in the area of wireless networks. It’s fitting, as the journal covers Tabassum’s area of research focus.
“As a researcher, I feel committed to this responsibility of critically analyzing the research works in my area of expertise and providing my feedback on them,” she said. “Quality reviews of scientific publications has a direct impact on the engineering and science industry.”
This is the fourth time Tabassum has received this recognition, earning notice in 2015, 2016, 2017 and again in 2019.
IEEE Transactions on Communications publishes high-quality manuscripts on advances in the state-of-the-art of all telecommunications including:
- telephone, telegraphy, facsimile and television by electromagnetic propagation including radio, wire, aerial, underground, coaxial and submarine cables;
- waveguides, communication satellites, and lasers in marine, aeronautical, space and fixed station services;
- repeaters, radio relaying, signal storage and regeneration;
- telecommunication error detection and correction;
- multiplexing and carrier techniques;
- communication switching systems;
- data communications; and
- communication theory.