The Centre for Human Rights, Equity & Inclusion (REI) at York University is launching its Respect, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (REDI) workshop series for Summer 2020. REDI aims to engage faculty, staff and students in valuable knowledge exchange through a series of educational and professional development opportunities.
The virtual eight-session series emphasizes the importance of upholding human rights principles throughout campus, while championing equity and inclusion values. With effectively online teaching tools and facilitated dialogue, participants will reflect on policies, relevant experiences and case scenarios that will help them appreciate and apply their learning.
Participants who attend at least three sessions receive a certificate of recognition.
Community members can register and participate in sessions at any time of the year to count towards their certificate of completion in human rights. The full list of sessions is available on the REI website.
Online registration is now open. Spaces are limited and early registration is recommended. Visit rights.info.yorku.ca/redipd to register today.
Each available session is listed below:
- Thursday, May 21: 2 to 3 p.m. – Creating and Maintaining Positive Space
- Tuesday, May 26: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Supporting and Responding to Sexual Harassment
- Wednesday, June 3: 9 to 10 a.m. – Acknowledging and Addressing Racism
- Thursday, June 11: 2 to 3 p.m. – Understanding and Responding to Accommodations
- Tuesday, June 16: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Academic Integrity and Universal Design
- Wednesday, June 24: 9 to 10 a.m. – Freedom of Speech at York University
- Thursday, July 2: 2 to 3 p.m. – Challenging Organizational Cultures
- Tuesday, July 7: 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Recognizing Community Resilience