The 2019 York Cares United Way Campaign has been extended. The pledge drive makes up the bulk of the funds raised within the York Cares United Way campaign. Staff and faculty have to date raised more than $93,000. Help is still needed to reaching the campaign’s fundraising goal of $180,000, so the United Way Greater Toronto can continue to fund local organizations making a difference in the lives of friends, families, neighbours and colleagues.
The last day to contribute to the campaign is Dec. 16. The York community continues to demonstrate its strong commitment to social justice and community engagement by participating in the campaign.
Your personalized link to the pledge form will be sent on Dec. 11 and the final email will go out on Dec 16. It’s easy to donate through payroll or by making a one-time gift. Every dollar counts.
For further inspiration, watch this video to see how the United Way has inspired Rose.
Here is how you can change lives today and tomorrow:
- $5 provides one meal to someone who is experiencing homelessness, giving them refuge in a safe environment.
- $50 provides a frost prevention kit for two people experiencing homelessness, including a scarf, toque, gloves and pocket warmers.
- $260 provides 10 people with 10 weeks of guidance on how to support a family member or friend struggling with mental health issues.
Spotlight on York contributions:
- Parking and Transportation team organized a 50:50 draw helping to raise $1,600.50
- Office of the Provost & Vice-President Academic hosted a waffle and popcorn sale, wine pull and jeans week helping to raise $1,401
- Division of Advancement hosted a silent auction which raised $1,676.
For more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.