York University community members are invited to participate in an interactive forum to help create the next University Academic Plan (UAP), to be hosted by the Academic Policy, Planning & Research Committee (APPRC) of the Senate of York University. A Keele Campus forum will take place on Thursday, Nov. 7, from 9:30 to 11:45 a.m. on the second floor of the New Student Centre. An upcoming Glendon Campus forum on the UAP will be hosted by Glendon Faculty Council (date to be determined).
The forum, which will be livestreamed at https://vimeo.com/370071723, has been designed to be dynamic, using real-time audience polling and feedback technology. Organizers encourage participants to bring computers, tablets or phones, if possible, to facilitate participation. Participants will be asked to consider specific initiatives that should be pursued and how best to assess progress. We are interested in your feedback on questions such as:
- What are the most vital actions to be taken over the next five years that will advance excellence at York University?
- What are the areas where York University is uniquely positioned to make significant contributions to the public good?
Information on the UAP process, the options for engagement and background documentation, including “25+ Years of Achievement: A Retrospective,” can be found on the Secretariat website.
In addition to the interactive forum, there are many ways to contribute to the UAP process:
- by participating in Faculty Council discussions;
- by posting thoughts on the public bulletin boards located in the Scott Library and Vari Hall;
- by submitting the feedback form on the UAP Renewal website;
- by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All community members are encouraged to participate in this important initiative to help shape York University’s future.