New College, one of York University’s nine colleges, will celebrate its 10th anniversary on Oct. 10. The special event will include an evening of music, appetizers, and a chance to mix and mingle with faculty, staff, students, alumni and campus partners.
New College was formed in 2009, when York University launched the new Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS), combining the strengths of the former Atkinson Faculty of Liberal & Professional Studies and the Faculty of Arts.
The 10th anniversary event will include staff and faculty from past and present, including:
- J.J. McMurtry, interim dean of LA&PS;
- Lucy Fromowitz, vice-provost students;
- Carol McAulay, vice-president finance and administration;
- Gary Spraakman, former master of New College;
- Marie-Helénè Budworth, former master of New College;
- Christian Marjollet, former head of New College; and
- Vanessa Pichelli, alumna.
As part of the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, New College serves students in Administrative Studies (BCom), Information Technology (ITEC), Human Resource Management (HRM), and Disaster & Emergency Management (DEM).
This free event is open to all members of the York community. Light refreshments will be provided. To register, visit yorku.ca/newcol/forms/view.php?id=130.
The event takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Harry Crowe Room, 109 Atkinson Building.