On April 11, the Ontario government announced that the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (TCU) will be implementing the Strategic Mandate Agreements 2020-25 (SMA3) and performance/outcomes-based funding. The SMA is a foundational agreement between the provincial government and each Ontario university, setting out:
- Our enrolment corridor over the next five years of the agreement;
- Program areas where we anticipate growing; and
- Performance indicators that will inform government funding for the period of 2020-25.
Details about SMA3 can be found at: http://vpap.info.yorku.ca/ppy protected/strategic-mandate-agreements/.
The Provost’s Office is committed to holding broad internal consultations to share information about the SMA3 process and to determine how we can best position the University and demonstrate our strengths in a way that aligns with and continues to advance our vision, mission and academic priorities in the SMA3 context.
Members of the community are invited to participate in the upcoming SMA3 consultation sessions:
- Keele Campus: Thursday, Sept. 12, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in the Moot Court, Osgoode Hall Law School, Ignat Kaneff Building.
- Glendon Campus: Thursday, Sept. 19, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. in the Glendon Senate Chamber.