York University President and Vice-Chancellor Rhonda L. Lenton issues the following announcement to the University community:
I am pleased to announce that the Search Committee to appoint the vice-president research and innovation (VPRI) will soon commence a comprehensive international search for a successor to Robert Haché. Composed of representatives from across the University, the committee’s membership includes:
- Rhonda L. Lenton, president and vice-chancellor – Chair
- Mohamed Duale, PhD student, Faculty of Graduate Studies, Faculty of Education
- Sarah Howe, director, Innovation York
- Joy Kirchner, dean, Libraries
- Fuyuki Kurasawa, associate professor, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Dirk Matten, professor, Schulich School of Business
- Alice Pitt, vice-provost academic
- Parissa Safai, associate professor, Faculty of Health
- Thomas Salisbury, professor, Faculty of Science
- Dominique Scheffel-Dunand, interim co-principal, Glendon College
- Richard Wildes, associate professor, Lassonde School of Engineering
- Irene Fezza, executive assistant to the president – secretary to the committee
The committee will be drafting an advertisement to announce the start of the search, which will appear shortly in various publications and websites. In addition, the committee will develop a position profile to describe the priorities over the next five years and the experience, background and qualifications sought in the candidates. I would like to solicit your input on the following questions in order to help shape the position profile:
- What are your aspirations for the VPRI portfolio over the next five to 10 years? What do you see as the issues and challenges facing the University during this period?
- What do you think the Search Committee should be seeking in a leader in terms of professional background and experience, personal attributes, qualifications and credentials?
Please provide confidential feedback to the Search Committee secretary by emailing Irene Fezza at email@example.com.
Your feedback would be appreciated if received by June 25. Thank you for taking the time to provide the Search Committee with your input and advice.