Discover the exciting world of open education during the York University Libraries’ lunch-and-learn workshop, Exploring Open Education. During this event, participants will learn more about the following topics:
- What is an open educational resource (OER)?
- How to access major OER repositories and locate resources that can be integrated into York courses.
- How OER improves student learning outcomes by ensuring affordability and equity of access to course materials.
- How OER provides faculty with the opportunity to experiment with open educational practices in their classrooms.
- How do open licences, such as creative commons licences, facilitate the creation of OER?
All educators and students are welcome to attend this event. In particular, faculty and educational developers will find this workshop to be very useful, as the topics introduce attendees to open educational practices that can be integrated into their course design processes.
- Date and time: Wednesday, March 27, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: Room 519, Kaneff Tower
- Registration form: bit.ly/OpenEd19
- Lunch is provided
This event aims to bring together faculty, educational developers and librarians to learn more about the open education movement.