Effective Thursday, Feb. 21, University Information Technology (UIT) will be rolling out the Microsoft Office product suite’s latest features and security updates.
Updates will be applied to:
- UIT-supported user communities every month;
- computers that are running the Windows operating system; and
- computers that have Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus installed.
During the update:
- You may receive the following prompt. If you do, please click “Accept.”
- If you have a Microsoft Office application open, you will be prompted to close it.
- Updates will occur in the background. You will not be prompted to reboot your computer (a computer reboot is not necessary).
- For a list of new and improved MS Office features, visit support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-new-in-office-365-95c8d81d-08ba-42c1-914f-bca4603e1426?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.
If your computer is not supported by UIT, consult your local IT support for additional information on Microsoft Office updates.
Direct any questions or concerns to UIT Client Services by email to email@example.com or through the self-serve portal at askit.yorku.ca.