With the year quickly coming to a close, there is still time to join the hundreds of faculty, staff and retirees who have already chosen to make an impact at York University with a donation in 2018. Through Impact: The Campaign for York University, which has raised a total of $400 million towards the $500-million goal, the University can ensure the success of its students by providing critical student financial support, establishing transformative learning experiences and advancing innovative faculty research.
As Advancement staff prepare for a well-deserved break and look forward to seeing family, friends and loved ones over the holidays, take a moment to think about supporting York University and its students through a donation before the end of the year.
While the Advancement Office will be closed from Monday, Dec. 24, 2018 to Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019, there are two easy ways to make a donation during this time:
- by visiting the online donation page; or
- by telephone at 416-650-8210.
To ensure you receive a 2018 tax receipt for your donation, take note of the following requirements:
- Donations must be received on or before Dec. 31, 2018, with the cheque or credit card authorization dated Dec. 31 or earlier. This includes donations made online, by phone and in person.
- Mailed donations can be received in January 2019, but must have a valid postmark of Dec. 31, 2018 or earlier.
- Cheques must be made payable to York University.
Note to faculty and staff receiving donations in their departments:
Please forward any gifts received in your departments to Advancement Services (located in the West Office Building on the Keele Campus) by noon on Friday, Dec. 21 to ensure timely processing and receipting. If you are expecting a credit card donation over the closure period, direct the donor to the online donation page.
To have a receipt issued for 2018, all cheques must be accompanied by the original envelope.
Thank you to all who have already chosen to create impact at York University this year. Happy holidays from the York University Division of Advancement.