The 2018 York Cares United Way Campaign has been extended. The last day to make a contribution to the campaign is Dec. 18. On behalf of all the people who access United Way programs and services, thank you for raising $89,000 to date. The York community continues to demonstrate our strong commitment to social justice and community engagement by participating in the campaign.
We need your help to reach our goal of $180,000. Please consider making your donation today.
Please watch your inbox for an email on Tuesday, Dec. 4; Tuesday, Dec. 11; and Tuesday, Dec. 18 for your personalized link to the pledge form. It’s easy to donate through payroll or by making a one-time gift. Every dollar counts.
- $5 provides one meal to someone who is homeless, giving them refuge in a safe environment.
- $50 provides a frost prevention kit for two homeless people, including a scarf, toque, gloves and pocket warmers.
- $100 provides a senior living with Alzheimer’s with a weekly visit for three months.
- $500 covers the cost of registration and books for two youth returning to high school.
- $1,200 provides important household items to six families, helping them make a life-changing move to secure housing.
Watch this video to see how a United Way-funded program helped Emily believe in herself and return to high school after leaving a challenging home life.