Robert Haché, York’s vice-president research & innovation (VPRI), announces the members of the Strategic Research Plan (2018-2023) Advisory Committee. The committee, chaired by Haché, is comprised of individuals from the University and the community who will advise the VPRI throughout the Strategic Research Plan (SRP) consultation process, and help to work toward the next SRP for 2018-2023. The goal is to provide a draft of the new plan in early 2018, with a final version going to the Senate of York University for approval in spring, 2018.
“I am pleased to announce the members of the Strategic Research Plan Advisory Committee,” said Haché. “I look forward to working together with Committee members to develop a new Strategic Research Plan that embodies our values and vision for York research and innovation, and provides direction for accelerating strategic research planning initiatives across the University over the next several years.”
The SRP Advisory Committee members are:
- Robert Haché, vice-president research & innovation, chair of the SRP Advisory Committee;
- Celia Haig-Brown, associate vice-president research, professor, Faculty of Education;
- Janice Chu, director, Programs, Grants and Capacity Building, United Way Toronto York Region, external member;
- Karen Drake, associate professor, Osgoode Hall Law School;
- Caitlin Fisher, associate professor, School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design;
- Sarah Flicker, associate professor, Faculty of Environmental Studies;
- Donald Ipperciel, principal, Glendon College;
- Fuyuki Kurasawa, York Research Chair, Global Digital Citizenship, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS);
- Jeremy Laurin, president & CEO, ventureLAB, external member;
- Regina Lee, associate professor, Lassonde School of Engineering;
- Thomas Loebel, chair APPRC, Faculty of LA&PS;
- Yvette Munro, director, Academic Partnerships & Planning, Office of the Vice-Provost;
- Theodore Noseworthy, Canada Research Chair, Entrepreneurial Innovation, Schulich School of Business;
- James Orbinski, professor, Director Dahdelah Global Health Research Institute, Faculty of Health;
- Graham Wakefield, Canada Research Chair, Interactive Information Visualization, School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design;
- Henry Wu, Board of Governors member;
- Cora Young , associate professor, Faculty of Science; and
- Dessi Zaharieva, PhD Candidate, Kinesiology & Health Science – Recipient of CIHR Doctoral – Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship.
VPRI encourages York students, faculty and staff to join open forum
Haché, in collaboration with the Committee, invites all members of the York community to be an engaged part of this comprehensive consultation process. Please be reminded of the SRP open forum on Wednesday Oct. 11, from 1 to 3pm in the Senate Chamber, N940 Ross Building. All students, faculty and staff are welcome.
To RSVP to this event, click here.
To share your thoughts on the Strategic Research Plan consultation process, click here.
Tweet about this using the hashtag #YUResearch.