Student Financial Services has issued a call for position requests for Fall/Winter 2015 work/study programs.
Work/study positions are available at both the Keele and Glendon campuses and allow York University undergraduate students to earn extra money, gain valuable experience and contribute to university life. The program encompasses the following categories:
- The RAY program (Research at York) enhances the research culture of the University and the undergraduate student academic experience. Students can gain valuable research experience from faculty or senior/graduate students while receiving compensation at a competitive rate.
- The YES (York Engaged Students) program supports high-profile contributions and engagement activities on campus that are focused on such things as peer mentoring, ambassadorship and advising.
- The CLAY (College Life at York) program focuses on enhancing the student experience within the college system.
- The Work/Study program offers a broad range of opportunities that allow students to acquire the administrative/technical skills and knowledge needed to prepare them for the working world.
Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for work/study positions if they meet the following criteria:
- are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons;
- are Ontario residents;
- are registered full-time in an undergraduate degree program, taking at minimum a 60 per cent course load (nine credits per term) or 40 per cent for students with disabilities (six credits per term);
- demonstrate financial need, via the Student Financial Profile; and
- meet the specific skills and experience requirements set by the hiring department.
Approved positions will be eligible for partial reimbursement assuming all conditions have been met.
Effective immediately, interested units or departments can start entering job requests on the Career Centre online job posting system. A separate job posting must be submitted for each position requested.
Information on how to post a job request, and more information about these employment programs, can be found on the Employment Administrator’s website. The deadline for entering job request(s) is Friday, July 10. Late submissions will not be considered. Position decisions will be sent by email on the week of Aug. 4.