The year is quickly coming to a close, but there’s still time to join the hundreds of faculty, staff and retirees who have already chosen to support York University with a donation in 2014. As we prepare for the upcoming break and look forward to seeing family, friends and loved ones over the holidays, take a moment to think about supporting the University and its students through a donation before the end of the year.
Contributions can be made in three easy ways:
- By visiting our online donation page;
- By telephone at 416-650-8210; or,
- In person at York’s West Office Building (located on the Keele campus at 154 Ottawa Rd., Toronto ON).
To ensure you receive a 2014 tax receipt for your donation, please take note of the following requirements:
- Donations must be received on or before Dec. 31, 2014, with the cheque or credit card authorization dated Dec. 31, 2014 or earlier. This includes donations made online, by phone and in person.
- Mailed donations can be received in January 2015, but must have a valid postmark of Dec. 31, 2014 or earlier.
- Cheques must be made payable to York University.
The Division of Advancement holiday office hours are as follows:
- Wednesday, Dec. 24 – 8:30am to 2pm
- Thursday, Dec. 25 – Closed
- Friday, Dec. 26 – Closed
- Monday, Dec. 29 – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Tuesday, Dec. 30 – 8:30am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, Dec. 31 – 8:30am to 2pm
The Division of Advancement will reopen on Jan. 5, 2015.
Note to faculty and staff receiving donations in their departments:
Please forward any gifts received in your departments to Advancement Services (located at the West Office Building on York’s Keele campus) by noon on Friday, Dec. 19, 2014 to ensure timely processing and receipting. If you are expecting a credit card donation over the closure period, please direct the donor to the online donation page.
Thank you to all of you who’ve already shown your support this year! Happy Holidays from the York University Advancement team.