After two weeks of campaigning, the 2014 York Cares Campaign in support of the United Way Toronto is more than halfway to its fundraising goal of $200,000. As of Nov. 18, the campaign has reached 64 per cent of its total goal – but with several events yet to take place and just under a week left, there’s still time to hit the mark.
A number of events have already taken place, including the President’s Pancake Breakfast, popcorn sales, pizza lunches, Nintendo Wii competitions and speaker presentations where United Way member agency speakers have helped groups of York employees understand the impact of giving to the United Way Toronto.
Several lucky employees have also already walked away with prizes, including Mary Stearns, communications, training & administration officer, Assistant Vice-President Finance & CFO, and Sharrieffa Sattaur, administrative and records assistant – undergraduate program, Faculty of Environmental Studies, who each took home 100-level Toronto Maple Leafs hockey tickets.
But the excitement isn’t over just yet! York University is still shy of its 10 per cent campaign participation goal, so the more staff and faculty members who take part in the campaign before it closes on Nov. 28, the better.
All donors who support this year’s York Cares campaign by making a donation via the online tool or a pledge card will be entered into participation draws for great prizes, including the following:
- a Samsung eight-inch Tab S;
- a Scosche RhythmPulse Heart Rate Monitor (donated by Data Integrity);
- three sets of Toronto Raptors basketball tickets (donated by MBNA); and
- a $100 Home Depot gift card (donated by TD Insurance Meloche Monnex).
Over the remaining week of the campaign, there are plenty of events taking place for York staff and faculty members across campus to enjoy, including:
- WOB Skills Auction – Nov. 19 from 9am to 2pm, WOB Big Egg
Come out and bid on items and services donated by WOB employees, including baked goods, artistic holiday gifts and skill-building workshops.
- Osgoode Pancake Breakfast – Nov. 19 from 9 to 11:30am in Gowlings Hall
The breakfast will be followed by a popcorn sale and prize raffle that afternoon.
- Vice-President Finance and Administration “Chant for Charity” (Recital of Gregorian Chant) – Nov. 24 at 12:15pm, Senate Chamber, Room N940 Ross Building
- Schulich French Toast Breakfast Campaign Wrap-Up – Nov. 25 at 9am
Find out which York employees walk away with this year’s participation prizes as the 2014 York Cares campaign results are announced.
For more information, visit the 2014 York Cares United Way Campaign website.