Due to urgent infrastructure repairs, the following closures are required:
- Wednesday, Oct. 29, and Thursday, Oct. 30: Reminder of previously announced eastbound lane restrictions with traffic control for watermain work and water outage in the Harry Sherman Crowe complex on The Chimneystack Road.
- Thursday, Oct. 30, through Sunday, Nov. 2: Fine Arts Road and south side pedestrian walkway closure just east of Ian MacDonald Boulevard. Access from James Gilles to the Executive Learning Centre will remain open. The Accolade East Building sidewalk will be closed on east side of the building, so the building must be used for passage.
- Friday, Oct. 31, and Saturday, Nov. 1: Sidewalk closures will be in effect south of Founders Residence and east of Lumbers Building, adjacent to the parking lot. Cleaning of the drains west of the Stedman Lecture Halls is also necessary following an earlier watermain break.
How will this impact the York community?
- Pedestrians who normally use these walkways will be required to use alternate routes.
- The contractor performing the work will be available at all times to direct pedestrian traffic around the construction site.
Access to buildings in the area will not be impacted by this closure. When travelling throughout the construction zone, please watch for and obey all traffic signs and traffic control personnel.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Brad Cochrane at ext. 55216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.