Campus Services & Business Operations (CSBO), in partnership with the President’s Sustainability Council, Regenesis at York and the Muslim Students Association, is hosting a Campus Clean-up Day this Friday, Oct. 24, at 2:30pm. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to come out for 20 or 30 minutes to pick up litter and help beautify the Keele campus before the snow falls.
There are three locations for the fall clean-up day:
- Danby Woods, south of Kinsmen Building on Chimneystack Road;
- Osgoode Woodlot, south of Osgoode Hall on Pond Road; and
- Boyer Woodlot, west of Founders Residence on Ottawa Road.
Volunteers should come to designated meeting spots at 2:30pm on Friday to pick up gloves and a bag.
For a map indicating the meeting locations, click here to access a PDF map of the fall campus clean up.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothing (good shoes or boots, gloves etc.).
- Wear a hat or sunscreen if necessary.
- Pick up litter in your gloved hand and carry the trash bag in the other.
- Do not pick up strange articles that may be dangerous.
- Don’t pick up anything that looks sharp (e.g. broken bottles or needles).
- Do not take any risks attempting to reach litter in hard-to-get-to places (up a tree, down a steep incline, in rapidly flowing water, on slippery surfaces etc.)
For more information, contact Nicole Arsenault at 416-736-5866 or firstname.lastname@example.org.