Restoration of the land used for a cross passage for the northern subway tunnels will take place from Monday, June 16 to Friday, July 18. The construction area is situated southeast of Ottawa Road, in the Vanier/Founders Green near the Founders Residence and east of the Lumbers parking lot. There will be asphalting work in the Vanier/Founders Green area.
Work will normally run between 7am and 7pm, Monday to Friday. During this time, construction-related noises and vibrations can be expected.
Construction work will include:
- removal of construction materials from the site, including the dewatering discharge pipe;
- re-establishing a paved sidewalk and patching additional locations around the site;
- removal of the temporary sidewalk;
- restoration of the top soil and sod in the area; and
- re-establishing lighting and replanting the removed trees in the Vanier/Founders Green.
Pedestrians should use the open walkways around the construction site while also being sure to watch for and obey all signs.
The Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) Project Information Centre is open in York Lanes across from the York University Bookstore. Construction liaison officers are on hand three days a week to greet visitors and share information about the project. Models of the York University and Steeles West subway stations are on display in the centre.
For more information, visit York University’s Subway Construction web page. For specific TTYSE construction information, contact the construction information line at 1-800-223-6192 or e-mail TYSSE@ttc.ca. For hearing impaired service, contact TTY Service at 416-481-2523 (daily, from 8am to 6pm; closed holidays).