On Monday, April 7, hoarding will go up in the Bennett Centre for Student Services and construction will begin on the reconfiguration and enhancement of the lobby area, the waiting area for Student Client Services, the entrance and exits. See the Feb. 14 YFile for details.
Staff will try to minimize disruption for the community but here are some tips for navigating the building and accessing the offices and services within the Bennett Centre. There will be a receptionist available to help with questions and way-finding Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm. All offices will continue to be open during the construction period.
- Student Client Services will be open; however, there may be service disruptions. Use online services where possible. If you must come to Bennett, leave yourself some extra time.
- Admissions Client Services on the third floor will be open. Consider using the elevators in the parking garage foyer instead of the Bennett lobby. Remember to get off on the fifth floor.
- Counselling & Disability Services will be open during the construction.
- The drop boxes are still in the lobby area. Look for temporary signage indicating location. Staff may have to move them more than once to accommodate the construction.
- Campus tours will continue during construction. The gathering spot will be the third floor Welcome Desk. Consider using the elevators in the parking garage foyer instead of the Bennett lobby. Remember to get off on the fifth floor.
- The Office for Student Conflict Resolution and Learning Disabilities Services will be open and largely unaffected by the construction. However, please use the south entrance to the Bennett Centre and avoid going through the lobby.
- Traffic flow from the parking garage through the lobby may be impacted when work is done on the main doors on the west side of the building. Look for alternative routes such as exiting via the south end of the parking garage. Refer to the campus map for exits.
It is anticipated that the construction will be completed in July. The small amount of noise and mess will result in a much enhanced student experience.
Watch for updates in YFile and via social media over the summer.