The Vice-President Research & Innovation (VPRI) is seeking applications for an Associate Vice-President Research (AVP Research). Reporting to the Vice President Research and Innovation, this individual will help develop and support the achievement of the university’s research vision, and provide leadership in fostering the development of the culture of research at York. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Building internal expectations for research engagement and research development
- Promoting the development of mentorship and support programs for researchers, including research awards and recognition
- Providing leadership and advice on the strategic development of the Organized Research Units (ORUs)
- Providing leadership in the development of pan-university strategic planning processes and documents
- Providing leadership in promoting strategic research development for York and strategic external research partnerships
- Leading the development of research policy that bridges the needs of researchers and the institution
- Working with units to engage researchers and develop research aspirations across the spectrum of research
- Working externally to support the York Research vision and to develop the working relationship with York Region
- Developing and encouraging knowledge mobilization and knowledge exchange
An integral part of the Leadership Team of the Vice-President Research & Innovation Office, this position is expected to be complementary and mutually supportive of the current AVP Research and together will encompass the range of activities described. Specific duties will be commensurate with the experience and interests of the successful candidate and based on the individual strengths which they bring to the portfolio. Applications must be submitted by 4:30 pm on Tuesday April 1.
For details on the application process, see the Associate Vice-President Research Job Posting.