Vice-President Academic & Provost Rhonda Lenton and Vice-President Finance & Administration Gary Brewer have issued the following update on the Academic & Administrative Program Review:
Program Information Forms
We are pleased to announce the release of the Academic and Administrative Program Information Forms (PIFs) to the York community. This marks the beginning of the three month Data Collection phase, during which program authors will lead and coordinate the completion of the PIFs over a three month period.
The forms are available on the YU Link APPR website. The PIFs are currently being uploaded to the online Data Collection System. This online system will be used by program Authors to submit completed PIFs for Task Force review.
A significant amount of consultation has occurred over the past several months to engage the community in revising the PIFs and supporting documents. This has resulted in a much improved ‘made for York’ AAPR process. For the Academic PIF in particular, the AAPR Steering Committee’s Academic Sub-Group, in consultation with Senate’s APPRC, took the lead on shaping the Academic PIF to ensure that the documents appropriately reflected the York context. Great care was taken to ensure that programs will be able to answer the questions and demonstrate elements of quality and sustainability effectively.
Financial, enrolment research, and faculty and staff information forms will be made available to program authors by the end of March to support the completion of the PIFs.
Coaches have been named for each Academic and Administrative area across the University. Coaches are responsible for facilitating sessions with all Authors in their areas, ensuring they are introduced to the Data Collection System, and providing guidance on how to complete the Program Information Forms. A complete list of Coaches is available on the YU Link AAPR site.
We would like to acknowledge the significant amount of work that was done by staff in the Offices of the Vice-Presidents Offices, Faculties and units across campus to pull together data, develop systems and orientation materials and thank the Coaches for leading the orientation sessions and providing on-going support to the AAPR process.
Academic & Administrative Task Forces
The President has approved the recommendations of the AAPR Nomination Review Committee for the membership of the Academic and Administrative Task Forces. These Task Forces will be responsible for reviewing and assessing completed PIFs for either academic programs or administrative services. The timeframe for the Task Forces to complete their work and report to the community will be from the beginning of July 2014 until October 31, 2014. Members of the Task Forces are listed below. We would like to thank all community members who put forward a nomination.
Academic Task Force
- Professor Janet Walker, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Associate Professor Elizabeth Asselstine, Department of Theatre, Faculty of Fine Arts
- Professor Rene Fournier, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science
- Professor Eileen Fischer, Marketing Specialization, Schulich School of Business
- Associate Professor Richard Irving, Management Science Specialization, Schulich School of Business
- Professor Barbara Rahder, Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Director Jimmy Huang, School of Information Technology, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Professor Ananya Mukherjee-Reed, Department of Political Science, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Professor Jonathan Warren, Department of English, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Professor Lisa Philipps, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Professor George Tourlakis, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Lassonde School of Engineering
- Professor Andrew Clifford, School of Translation, Glendon College
- Professor Alison Macpherson, Department of Kinesiology & Health Science, Faculty of Health
- Professor Stan Shapson, Faculty of Education
- Mikhaela Gray, Undergraduate Student
- Erin Yunes, Graduate Student
Administrative Task Force
- Carol Altilia, Dean’s Office, Faculty of Fine Arts
- Donna Smith, Employee Relations, Department of Human Resources
- Steve Sicluna, Maintenance, Campus Services & Business Operations
- Professor Melanie Baljko, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Lassonde School of Engineering
- Steve Pottle, Risk Management Services, Finance Department
- Alison Collins Mrakas, Office of Research Ethics, Division of Vice-President Research & Innovation
- Andrea Della-Rossa, Office of the Chief Information Officer, University Information Technology
- Leanne Kipfer, Advancement Services, Division of the Vice-President Advancement
- Carolyn Heald, Information & Privacy Office, Office of the University Secretary & General Counsel
- Krista Larson, Marketing & Communications, Schulich School of Business
- Tom Scott, Reference, Scott Library
- Associate Professor David Dimick, Organizational Behavior & Industrial Relations, Schulich School of Business
- Associate Professor Don Sinclair, Department of Digital Media, Faculty of Fine Arts
- David Cappodocia, Graduate Student
- Chris Puckett, Undergraduate Student
The President is also pleased to confirm Lisa Philips as the Chair of the Academic Task Force and Carol Altilia as the Chair of the Administrative Task Force.
Updates are regularly posted to the AAPR YU Link website, as well as finalized documents, lists and presentations. Community members are urged to visit the site regularly, as new updates are highlighted on the home page.
A concerted, coordinated effort by colleagues across the University has moved the Academic and Administrative Program Review forward to this point. Thank you to all community members for their continued input and collaboration on this significant initiative.