Over the course of the last year, the Finance Department has led the implementation of Concur Expense, a new (web-based) expense automated employee reimbursement system that will improve the overall process for submitting employee expense claims, making it easier and faster to get reimbursed.
What are the benefits of the new system?
- Automation of the existing manual paper based process;
- Faster and more convenient processing of claims;
- Electronic routing and approval of claims;
- Ability to track your claims throughout the approval process;
- Accessible via the web 24/7, including access from your mobile device;
- Automated calculation of currency conversions, HST rebates and mileage reporting; and
- Improved compliance with York University and Granting Agency policies.
Pilot program to be launched!
The University will launch the pilot phase of the new expense reporting system in April with the participation of Osgoode Hall Law School and the Division of Advancement. The University expects to gradually expand access to the new expense reporting system to the rest of the University during the months of May and June.
Details regarding when the new system will be available for your Faculty/Unit, including a full training schedule, will be distributed over the next few weeks.
The success of this initiative depends on the participation of faculty and staff during the implementation process. The Finance Department appreciates your continued support.
Questions on this initiative can be directed to any of the following individuals: Trudy Pound-Curtis, project sponsor, at firstname.lastname@example.org; Aldo DiMarcantonio, project advisor, at email@example.com; or Sanish Samuel, project functional lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.