The construction work for the new engineering building is progressing as planned and the construction manager commenced the sewer diversion work on Sept. 30. This activity will trigger the installation of the hoarding at its final location for the duration of the next two years. A “fast fence” hoarding has been erected on the entire site perimeter as illustrated in the image below.
The grey diagonal lines represent the construction site. The blue dotted line indicates an alternate route for pedestrian traffic
How will this impact the York community?
- Pedestrian flow signage is in place directing pedestrians to alternate routes, either through Central Square or along the sidewalk on the east side of The Pond Road (see map above).
- Pedestrian flow going to and from the north and south parts of campus, west of the Library lot, will be restricted.
- Construction access to and from the site will be via Arboretum Lane, and traffic delays during heavy delivery times can be expected.
- Vehicular access on Arboretum Lane will be limited to construction vehicles, deliveries to the Scott Dock and Arboretum Parking Garage clients.
- Passenger pick-up and drop-off is restricted to the roundabout on the east side of Calumet College.
- Traffic control personnel will be in place directing pedestrians to the specified alternate route for the initial two days.
When travelling around the construction zone, please watch for and adhere to all traffic and pedestrian signage, and/or vehicle and pedestrian control personnel, for your safety and convenience.
Additional bulletins will be posted as the project progresses.
Any questions or concerns regarding the project can be directed to Irina Arsene, construction project manager, at 416 799-5583 or email@example.com.