Student Financial Services is issuing a call for position requests for Summer 2013 College Life at York (CLAY), York Engaged Students (YES), Research at York (RAY) and Work/Study programs.
There are numerous on-campus employment opportunities for York undergraduate students to earn extra money, gain valuable experience and contribute to University life. The Work/Study family of student employment opportunities encompasses the following categories:
- The RAY program enhances the research culture of the University and the undergraduate student academic experience. Students can gain valuable research experience from faculty or senior/graduate students while receiving compensation at a competitive rate.
- York University’s Work/Study program provides on-campus part-time job opportunities for eligible full-time York University students. The program is available at both Keele and Glendon campuses and offers a broad range of jobs from many different Faculties and departments.
- CLAY focuses on enhancing the student experience within the college system.
- The YES program supports high-profile contributions and engagement activities on campus that are focused on such things as peer mentoring, ambassadorship and advising.
Undergraduate students are eligible to apply for summer positions if they:
- are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons;
- are Ontario residents;
- are registered full-time in the summer (minimum 60 per cent course load or 40 per cent for students with disabilities) or have been registered full-time in the Winter 2013 term (as indicated above) and will be returning full-time in the Fall/Winter 2013-2014 session;
- demonstrate financial need, via the Student Financial Profile;
- and meet the specific skills and experience requirements set by the hiring department.
Effective immediately, interested hiring managers can start entering job requests on the career centre online job posting system. Hiring managers must submit a separate job posting for each position they would like considered.
Click here for information on how to post a job request.
All timelines and information on the campus employment programs are listed on the Employment Administrators website.
The deadline date for entering job request(s) is Friday, March 22.
Position decisions will be sent by e-mail the week of April 1.
Enquiries related to the CLAY, YES and Work/Study programs should be directed to email@example.com; enquiries related to the RAY program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.