The York University Bookstore has made several changes to accommodate the purchase of textbooks during the fall rush.
- Hours have been extended and the main bookstore will stay open as late as 10pm for the first two weeks of classes in September. To maintain a comfortable shopping environment, bookstore staff will continue to monitor traffic levels. Students are encouraged to come prepared with their book requirements by printing the listing available on the York University Bookstore website. The website also contains information on extended hours for September.
- Students can shop online through the York University Bookstore website. As a special promotion to offset shipping costs, the bookstore will be offering a $10 coupon on web orders over $200. The offer runs from Sept. 1 to 16.
- York students living in residence on the Keele campus can also shop online. Residence students will be able to pick up their orders from one of the three mail rooms in Complex I or II, or the Pond Road. Check the York University Bookstore website for details and hours of operation.
- To reduce congestion at the bookstore in York Lanes, a separate satellite location will be open Aug. 27 to Sept. 22. This satellite store is a few steps north of York Lanes at 113 Vanier College. It will serve as the hub for the buyback of used textbooks for all programs. All course materials will be located in the bookstore.
- In its ongoing effort to enhance its services, the bookstore is offering a short online customer survey to get feedback for further improvements in service to the York University community. As well, the bookstore is holding a Win Your Books promotion, with a grand prize of 100 per cent of any single book purchase made through the bookstore. Visit the York University Bookstore website for details on the promotion.
- The bookstore is working hard to save students money. In addition to new textbooks, it also offers thousands of used books with a 25 per cent savings, e-books at up to 50 per cent savings and a greatly expanded book rental program with 30 to 70 per cent savings on selected textbooks.
- This year the bookstore is introducing a rewards program for all purchases made with a YU-card at the bookstore. Earn five per cent or more in Scholar Dollars. To learn more, read the YFile story on the new program.
- The second annual art competition is underway for any York students. A grand prize of $500 in art supplies and a second and third prize of $100 each will be awarded to the winners. See the bookstore website’s Student Information page for details.
Did you know that the York University Bookstore website provides course and book lists which can be printed? Click on the Textbooks link and follow the directions. Students can also check the website for information on the availability of textbooks, to find out more about the extended hours of operation, as well as to learn more about the different promotions and author visits scheduled throughout the year.
For more University news, photos and videos, visit the YFile homepage.