Each year, York University celebrates alumni who have realized extraordinary achievements and made remarkable contributions to their communities and the Universityby presenting them with Bryden Alumni Awards.
The Bryden Alumni Awards are named in honour of Bruce Bryden, a member ofYork’s inaugural undergraduate class. Bryden was the founding president of the York University Alumni Association and served for 20 years onYork’s Board of Governors.
Nominations are now being sought for the following five award categories:
Outstanding Contribution Award
Presented to a York University alumna or alumnus in recognition of her/his dedication to the advancement of York University through exceptional service, commitment and/or contributions.
Pinnacle Achievement Award
Presented to aYorkUniversityalumna or alumnus who has achieved true distinction in his/her professional life or in any field of endeavour and who, by his or her integrity and ability, inspires alumni, faculty, staff and students.
Redefine the Possible Award
Presented to a York Universityalumna or alumnus whose leadership and successes – innovative, unconventional, daring embody – York’s tagline, “Redefine the Possible”.
Presented to aYorkUniversityalumna or alumnus for remarkable professional and/or community accomplishments early in his/her career (within 15 years of receiving a bachelor’s degree or 10 years of receiving a professional/graduate degree).
Local Hero Award
Presented to aYork Universityalumna or alumnus who is also a current or former employee of York Universityand who has risen above the call of duty in her or his devotion to the University. This award can recognize contributions, achievements, leadership and/or early accomplishments.
Nominations for the 2012 awards are due by June 1. The nomination process is confidential, so please do not inform the nominee of your intention. For more information visit the Bryden Alumni Awards web page, or contact Lindsay Reid in Alumni Relations at 416-736-2100, ext. 33732.
Bryden Alumni Award Recipients, 2000 to 2011
- 2000: John Bankes, David Collenette, Margot Franssen,SeymourSchulich
- 2001: William Dimma, Ernie Eves, Martin & Joan Goldfarb, Steve MacLean
- 2003: Ivan Fecan, Steve Mirkopoulos, John Tory, David Tsubouchi
- 2004: Peter Currie, Janet Green Foster, Tim Price, Joseph Sorbara
- 2005: Debra Brown, Steve Dranitsaris, Farouk Jiwa, Sandie Rinaldo, Helen Sinclair
- 2006: Andrew Craig, Aidan Flatley, Chantal Hebert, John Lennox, Chandra Siddan
- 2007: Paul Alofs, Jennifer Corriero, Charmaine Courtis, Max Gotlieb, Karen Kraft Sloan
- 2008: Paul Axelrod, Frank Cianciulli, Wendy Craig, Bill Hatanaka
- 2009: Barbara Budd, Mickey Cohen, Bob Drummond, Paul & Mark Jones, Gretel Reid-Willis
- 2010: Harriet Lewis, James Love, Nino Ricci, Galit Solomon, Hana Zalzal
- 2011: Greg Cooper, Sheila Forshaw,David Hein & Irene Sankoff, Clayton Ruby, Eric Walters