Northern Tunnel Construction
Construction will begin this month on Keele Street from south of Four Winds Drive to north of Murray Ross Parkway on a portion of work associated with the construction of the northern tunnels. The work is necessary as part of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) project.
Construction work involves
- The excavation and building of shafts for the construction of subway tunnels.
- Long-term, single-lane restrictions and periodic lane diversions in both directions from south of Four Winds Drive to north of Murray Ross Parkway, for northern tunnel subway construction.
- Northern tunnel construction work in this area is expected to be complete in late 2012.
- Work will normally run between 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.
- No work will be done on statutory holidays.
- During the work, there may be construction-related noise.
There will be single lane restrictions and periodic lane diversions on Keele Street in both directions from south of Four Winds Drive to north of Murray Ross Parkway. Paid duty officers will be on site to ensure safe traffic flow. Due to the nature of the work, motorists may face traffic delays.
TTC Bus Route Services
Transit delays may be experienced during peak times on the 41 Keele and 107 Keele North bus routes.
The sidewalks will remain open on one side of Keele Street at all times to maintain pedestrian access during this portion of construction.
For more TYSSE construction information, contact TTY Service 416-481-2523 (daily, 8am to 6pm, closed holidays).