Here’s a challenge to everyone on York’s Keele and Glendon campuses – clean up and make a difference.
The Grounds Department in Campus Services & Business Operations has some big plans to clean up several areas on the Keele and Glendon campuses and make them free of litter as part of the City of Toronto’s 20-Minute Makeover.
Members of the York community are invited to come out to seven designated meeting spots at 2pm today. The focus on this year’s makeover will be these locations on the Keele campus:
- Assiniboine and Passy Gardens Sportsfield
- Boyer Woodlot
- Danby Woods
- Boynton Woods
Glendon community members are asked to meet at 2pm outside Glendon Hall Manor.
For a map indicating the meeting locations, click here. At each location, you can join with co-workers and classmates to help spruce up the University. York staff, faculty and students already do a good job in limiting litter, but an extra push is needed to give some areas of the campus a fresh look.
The Grounds Department will supply work gloves and garbage bags for anyone at the desgnated meeting spots on the Keele and Glendon campuses.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothing (boots, gloves etc.).
- Wear a hat or sunscreen if necessary.
- Pick up litter in your gloved hand and carry the trash bag in the other.
- Do not pick up strange articles that may be dangerous. Don’t pick up anything that looks sharp (e.g. used needles).
- Do not take any risks attempting to reach litter in hard-to-get-to places (up a tree, down a steep incline, in rapidly flowing water, on slippery surfaces etc.)
For more information, visit the City of Toronto’s 20-Minute Makeover website. For more earth-friendly initiatives, visit the Yorkwise Web site.