At approximately 8pm on Sunday, March 21, a student talking on a cellphone in the lobby of the Accolade West Building on the Keele campus was approached by three men. The suspects allegedly assaulted the student and took his cellphone and backpack which contained his laptop computer.
The Toronto Police Service is investigating the incident, along with previous robberies over the last few weeks.
- The first suspect is described as a black male, 20 to 25 years old, with a thin build. The suspect was last seen wearing a black baseball cap with a red bill, a purple hooded sweatshirt with an Adidas logo on the left chest, faded black jeans and black shoes.
- The second suspect is described as a black male, 20 to 25 years old, with a medium build. The suspect was last seen wearing a grey-black toque with horizontal stripes, a black jacket and faded black shoes.
- The third suspect is described as a black male, 20 to 25 years old, with a medium build. The suspect was last seen wearing a brown hoodie with brown and cream plaid sleeves and a cream coloured crest on the left chest and a grey hoodie underneath. He was also wearing a black Blue Jays baseball cap, black pants and black shoes.
Should you have any information about this incident you are asked to contact the Toronto Police Service directly at 416-808-2222.
York community members are reminded to exercise personal safety by:
- Being aware of your surroundings and the people around you.
- Reporting any suspicious persons or behaviour to York University Security Services at 416-736-5333.
York Security Services responds to all community calls for service and can be contacted directly at 416-650-8000 for general inquiries or 416-736-5333 for urgent calls.
Refer to the York Security Web site for more information or further updates.