The York to the Power of 50 campaign is now past the $190-million mark and closing in on its $200-million goal. Faculty, staff and retirees have already pushed the Family Campaign past its goal of 2,009 participating donors by the end of 2009 and have been an important part of the campaign total. Those wishing to join their colleagues by the year’s end and support the University during this historic 50th-anniversary fundraising drive should note the following:
- Donations received on or before Dec. 31, with a cheque or credit card authorization dated Dec. 31, 2009 or earlier will receive a 2009 charitable tax receipt for a gift to York University.
- Online donations must be received by Dec. 31 to receive a 2009 tax receipt.
- Mailed donations received in January 2010 with a valid postmark of Dec. 31, 2009 or earlier, will receive a 2009 charitable tax receipt.
All cheques should be made payable to the York University Foundation.
Contributions can be made online, by telephone at 416-650-8210, or in person at the York University Foundation, West Office Building.
The York University Foundation will maintain regular business hours over the holidays with the following exceptions:
- Thursday, Dec. 24: Open until 1pm.
- Friday, Dec. 25: Closed.
- Monday, Dec. 28: Closed.
- Tuesday, Dec. 29, and Wednesday, Dec. 30: Open until 5pm.
- Thursday, Dec. 31: Open until 3pm.
- Friday, Jan. 1: Closed.
- Monday, Jan. 4: Open for business as usual.
The generosity of donors helps York redefine the possible through support for the following 50th-anniversary priorities:
- Transform 50: Awards, scholarships and bursaries;
- Empower 50: Chairs and professorships;
- Create 50: Infrastructure;
- Innovate50: Pioneering programs and research.
For more information, visit the York to the Power of 50 campaign Web site.