This past spring, York President & Vice-Chancellor Mamdouh Shoukri launched a series of round-table discussions to provide a venue for members of the York community to discuss ideas about how to move the University forward into its next 50 years. A new group of 90-minute round tables is now available for the fall semester. The next round table with the president will be held with staff on Monday, Aug. 24, from 1 to 2:30pm.
The round-table discussions with the president will give members of the York community an opportunity to speak directly with the president. No media will be present, in order to allow for an open and informal dialogue. Participants will be asked to register for the round table and to identify the topics of interest for discussion.
"In order to realize York’s tremendous potential, in order to build the York University of the future, we must address our shared challenges," said Shoukri. "We need to build trust, deal with each other in good faith and communicate in an open and honest way and these round tables are designed to do just that."
The schedule for upcoming round tables is as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 24, from 1 to 2:30pm – Round table for staff
- Monday, Aug. 31, from 1 to 2:30pm – Round table for faculty
- Monday, Sept. 14, from 2 to 3:30pm – Round table for students
- Monday, Sept. 28, from 1 to 2:30pm – Round table for students
- Tuesday, Sept. 29, from 4 to 5:30pm – Round table for faculty
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, from 4 to 5:30pm – Round table for staff
- Wednesday, Oct. 21, from 3 to 4:30pm – Round table for students
- Monday, Nov. 2, from 4 to 5:30pm – Round table for Glendon students, staff & faculty
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, from 4 to 5:30pm – Round table for students
- Wednesday, Dec. 2, from 3 to 4:30pm – Round table for faculty
For more information and to register for a round table, visit the Office of the President Web site.