York President & Vice-Chancellor Mamdouh Shoukri has launched a series of round-table discussions to provide a venue for members of the York community to discuss ideas about how to move the University forward into its next 50 years. The next 90-minute round table will be held with faculty on Monday, March 30 from 1:30 to 3pm.
The round-table discussions with the president will give members of the York community an opportunity to speak directly with the president. No media will be present, in order to allow for an open and informal dialogue. Participants will be asked to register for the round table and to identify the topics of interest for discussion.
"No other university in Ontario – maybe in Canada – has the potential that York has," says Shoukri. "But before we can realize that potential, before we can build the York University of the future, we must address the shared challenges we face. We need to build trust, deal with each other in good faith and communicate in an open and honest way."
The schedule for upcoming round tables is as follows:
- Monday, March 23, from 11am to 12:30pm – Round table for students
- Monday, March 30, from 1:30 to 3pm – Round table for faculty
- Monday, April 6, from 1:30 to 3pm – Round table for students
- Monday, April 13, from 11am to 12:30pm – Round table for staff
- Monday, May 4, from 10 to 11:30am – Round table for Glendon students, staff and faculty
- Monday, May 11, from 4 to 5:30pm – Round table for students
- Wednesday, June 17, from 3 to 4:30pm – Round table for faculty
- Tuesday, July 7, from 11am to 12:30pm – Round table for staff
For more information and to register for a round table, visit the Office of the President Web site.