Have you been taking part in Clean Air Commute this week? Transportation Services has been challenging faculty, staff and students at York to get involved in the annual Clean Air Commute and play a part in making Canada’s air cleaner. The York Community has been commuting by transit, bike, carpool and on foot all week long to show their commitment to the environment.
Today is the last day, so it’s time to get your diary cards sent in for your chance to win a fantastic bike, or other fantastic prizes! Just follow these three steps to submit your completed diary card:
1. Make sure you have completed your diary card, either in paper copy or online.
2. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via interoffice mail to Transportation Services, 216 William Small Centre, Keele campus.
3. Sit back and wait to hear if you are a winner.
If you haven’t signed up yet, it’s not too late. Download a diary card click here to download an electronic version of the card, or collect a card from the Parking Services Office at 222 William Small Centre, Keele campus, or at the Glendon Greenhouse, Glendon campus. Cards are also available from the GO Train shuttle bus. Even if you participate in the challenge for one day, you are still helping the cause and can still win a prize for your efforts.
Climate change is one of the most serious issues facing our planet. By working together and improving commuting choices, York faculty, staff and students can help reduce smog and do their bit to fight climate change. It’s easier than you think.
- A Raleigh Mountain Bike, awarded by York’s Transportation Services to a York faculty or staff participant.
- Three grand prizes from Pollution Probe, available to all participants, including a seven-night Caribbean Cruise.