The 2006 York University United Way Campaign has raised $173,877 toward the final campaign goal of $190,000.
"We are almost at our goal," said United Way Campaign co-chair, Danielle Chateau. "There is still time for those members of the York community who have not submitted their pledge cards to do so. We have extended the deadline to Jan. 17. Please help York fill the ‘Y’ with red. Pledge cards received by the extended deadline will be counted toward the University’s goal of $190,000."
Events organized by the York University community in support of the 2006 United Way Campaign include:
- The Facilities Services Basket of Hope fundraiser – $762
- The President’s Pancake Breakfast – $742.31
- Pumpkin Carving, Dart Board, Silent Auction (Osgoode) – $2,188.45
- Atkinson Bazaar – $320.05
- Atkinson Toy Drive – Over 1,000 items donated
- Car Wash – $225
- Clothing Swap – $350.10
- Cup-A-Soup Week – $2,193.31
- Various activities organized by the Dept. of Economics, Faculty of Arts – $200
- Various activities organized by the Registrar’s Office, Student Services – $1,090.33
- Casual Fridays, Office of the Dean, Faculty of Arts – $155
- Various activities organized by Admissions – $215
The United Way of Greater Toronto is having a 50th Anniversary Prize Draw. Members of the York community who submitted a donation pledge card will receive ballots to enter the draw to win one of three great prizes including:
- One grand prize – 2006 Chevrolet Optra (approx. $20,000 value)
- One second prize – A Sony NVU70 nav-u portable navigation device (approx. $499 value)
- One third prize – A Sony DSCT10 Cyber-shot Digital Camera (approx. $450 value)
The contest ends Jan. 31, 2007. Visit the United Way of Greater Toronto Web site for details and complete contest rules. York’s Office of Ceremonials, Special Events & Community Relations will be distributing a ballot to each individual who submitted a pledge card donation.
There is still time to make your donation to support the 2006 York University United Way Campaign. If you need a pledge card, contact York’s United Way Campaign co-chairs Danielle Chateau at ext. 55597 or email@example.com, or Sue Levesque at ext. 77529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pledge cards for the 2006 campaign will be accepted until Jan. 17. Have your donation included in York’s total and keep filling the "Y" with red.
Visit the United Way of Greater Toronto Web site to learn more about the campaign and the people who benefit from the organization.